Day 1: Make 15 book-related confessions.
1. Though I was an English major in university, I’ve never read any Jane Austen.
2. I got a D on a mid-term in university for one of the English lit classes I was in because I couldn’t stomach Charles Dickens Bleak House. It was bleak. That was the only class I ever dropped.
3. I loved Twilight at first.
4. I read all of the Fifty Shades of Gray books just to see what the hype was about. I never figured it out.
5. I hate when people loan me books I didn’t ask for. I have too much on my TBR plate to add other people’s recommendations.
6. I have a ridiculously large collection of books.
7. I haven’t read half of my ridiculously large collection.
8. I’m an extremely slow reader. I like to let it all sink in.
9. I have a horrible memory when it comes to things like books and movies. In fact I may have read Jane Austen and just don’t remember any of it.
10. My husband recommended Game of Thrones to me, but like #5 I didn’t listen for a long time. Finally I decided to try it so I could prove him wrong and it became my all time favorite series ever.
11. I am clueless when it comes to levels of fame of other authors. Friends of mine will be ooo’ing and ahhh’ing over some author in the lobby and I’ll have no clue as to what they’ve written. Unless it’s Stephenie Meyer, EL James, or George RR Martin, I’m clueless as to who they are.
12. I think when authors write sex scenes they must be secretly confessing things they’ve done or want to do.
13. I think it’s creepy in books where a supernatural character is hundreds of years old but wants to get it on with a high school girl.
14. Reading bad reviews for books often makes me want to read the book to see if I agree or not.
15. I’m too much of a control freak to join a book club. I wouldn’t want anyone else deciding or suggesting what I should read next.
There ya have it. What are some of your book related confessions?